Isaiah 40:8 "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of our God stands forever"
1) The grass withers and the flowers fall
What in your life is withering? What seems to be falling apart in your life? Have you asked the Lord to put it back together so that you can be strong in Him?
Sometimes the Lord causes things to happen in our lives that are beyond our control. That is because He wants to teach us to rely on Him more. Wither is defined as "To dry up or shrivel from or as if from loss of moisture". The second definition is "To lose freshness; droop." I can tell you that this is one lesson the Lord continues to teach me. He wants me full rely on Him and trust Him that He will see me through my struggles. He, too, will see you through!
I invite you to ask the Lord to help you through the hard times when your life seems to falling apart and when it seems like things are lifeless. One thing I can tell you for sure is that you mean so much to the Lord! He made every aspect of you. He has poured out His blessings on you and wants you to give Him your all.
2) But the Word of our God stands forever
All the answers to life's problems can be found in His Word. As it says above that the Word of God stands forever. The Word of God will never let you down. I encourage you to dive into the Bible and read some Psalms or wherever the Lord leads you. We must be obedient to the Lord leading us to as we seek Him through filling our minds with His Holy Word.
The Word of our God stands forever. It will never be too old for us to read. We can never be too old or young to read His Word. It gives us life. It gives me life! It fills me with joy! Just the thought of coming to know the Lord more through reading His Word is the best thing I can think of to do! Doesn't that excite you?
Dear Lord,
Lord I pray that You help me remember this promise to stand on Your Word forever. Lord thank You that You care about every aspect of my life. Lord, when I feel I cannot do anything more, I will not give up. I choose to put all my trust in You and rely on You to see me through. Lord You are so good and so worthy of all my praise! Lord, thank You that as Your Word says "the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of our God stands forever". Lord I am so valuable to You! Lord You care about every part of me. Lord, You know my thoughts and plans! Lord, help me to be firmly planted in Your Word on a daily basis. Lord I confess that I have not been good in this area. But Lord I thank You that You have put that desire back in my heart to know You more through reading my Bible and praying everyday. I ask for You to continue to help me stand on Your Word that stands forever! In Jesus' Name, I pray, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment