Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy September!





Here I am again falling down on the updating bit again, which is why maybe having a blog is useless. 

So...I'll just randomly list some things that have been going on personally and of course the farm life too.
  1. I applied for a job at Union Gospel Mission. I turned in the application and all that last month. I got a note in the mail a week or two ago saying that the position had been filled and that they would keep my application on file in case another opening becomes available that my application would be a match for.  But knowing all that is going internally there on the men's side with having Chris work there, actually doesn't seem like it'd be a good job for me to have. The position itself was for a cashier.  I guess I'll continue to look for a job, see if I can find one working with children or with the disabled community. I want to be more involved with people with disabilities. I want them to feel like they matter and they have purpose in life. I can be content with someone who is nonverbal of any age, baby to adult etc. I want to help! That is just me!  
  2. I am so happy to be involved with the nursery at church. I never thought that having the interest in it last March would spark to something more. I'm not just going to be a nursery worker, I am going to be a nursery greeter. It has more responsibilities than just sitting in and playing and holding the kids. It'll be a fun experience, something that I know I am fully capable of handling. Unbeknownst to me, the Lord had laid it on someone's heart to ask me on Sunday morning. But before she told me this, I couldn't get over this overwhelming feeling like I needed to fill the opening. Of course being the helpful self that I am, wishes I could do both Sunday school and second service, but I just need to start at one service or I may easily burn out. I used to love helping in the church nursery and babysitting when I was much younger. It seems as though God keeps opening doors for me to plug into this aspect of children's ministry. I have found myself already getting attached to the young ones and actually two of the kids so far have latched on to me. Kids are beautiful!
  3. We entered goats at State Fair. We skipped two years of the fair and so it was really nice to be back. I had my entry, my wether buddy named Starcatcher. He's so cute! He did the funniest thing on Friday. I was talking to Betty and Chris in the tack pen. He stood up on part of the hay feeder to peek over at me. He was evidently trying to keep tabs on me! The goats don't usually keep tabs on me. It was the highlight of my fair days! Chris told me that he would only do that when I was in the tack pen. If I was somewhere else, he would not do it. Oh, and I was offering him grass hay from my hand that I had pulled out of the feeder to eat and he took it. He's used to me giving him leaves from the cherry tree. Anyway, he's a fun guy! Although he and I did not place and his mom did not place in the show, we had fun! Fun it what counts!  We did not get any big ribbon wins, the best was second place in a class of two in the 4 year olds.  But, in the special classes at the end we did manage to walk away with first place in the Breeders Trio and Get Of Sire classes.  I had a lot of fun talking to people walking by and admiring our goats. The common question is "is that goat pregnant?", because some of the goats tend to carry their weight that way, you have to tell them "no". We told them the only one who is pregnant (hopefully) is Ruthie. We met a couple of people who could be potential customers, but we will see. The herd has to be downsized and it is always tough because we have come to love all of them. For now it is definitely Amelia, Ace, and Ace's dad Bill who are for sale.
  4. Please pray for my mental health as I have been very discouraged/depressed etc lately. All those inner self feelings. It seems easier to dwell on the negative rather than the positive. 

No comments: