It is amazing that the month has already come to a close. I hope that you took time to remember those who have served and are currently serving our country both here in our nation and abroad. We need to pause and remember that this is what God has called them to do, to risk their lives in standing up for our country. Father thank You for enabling men and women to serve their country. Keep them full of courage and bold as a lion so that they can be on guard against the enemies of this world. Keep them close to Your hand and guide them with Your hand. Pour out Your love on all of us as we fight to keep You in our country, and our lives! May You be first in all that we do because we seek You for direction. In Jesus name, I pray, amen.
Birdwatching 101
Maybe I should call it "finch watching" because that is what it appears to be that I am fascinated by. They are so pretty. Well, today all I got to see were just gray finches. I don't think I had the opportunity to take a picture of a red finch, although I do know that one was in my pictures I uploaded today. I believe I took it Friday or Saturday. Today was so cool though! I actually got to see the finch babies! They were too quick for me to take pictures of but, it was so cool! This bird in the picture with all the greenery just sat and sat and sat there on the branch. I was so impressed. Nothing scared it away....until Chris' cat Squirt made a little bit more meowing noise. I took a few pictures of it. I had a hard time seeing through the trees to find the bird itself. Now, if you looked closely, you might be able to see the white bushy stuff on the top of it's head. It sticks straight up or straight out. I totally loved it! It looked like Albert Einstein or something. This picture below is a little bit better of it.
One more cool picture I took of a different bird, still a finch though. All you can see is the silhouette shape of the bird. I
My mother-in-law was correct in saying that maybe we would have baby finches. It's was just fun to see them testing the waters, fly to the branches and perch there. The one I took a picture of that didn't move much maybe actually have been an adult and not a baby.
So I don't mind if you call me a "birdbrain" cause that just means that I have finches on the brain. So often they wake me up in the mornings. Anyway, it won't be an insult. I'm taking everything literally again, well I always do. Looking for tangible love again...if I can find it.
Well, I better find my way to bed. I have a chapter of a book to read before my meeting with Pat at 11 and the chapter is kind of long. It's a good book and I wouldn't mind continuing to read other books by the author, Katie Brazelton. I don't like reading very much though. I love reading on here though! Just reading the book, underlining stuff, I can mark up the book like crazy. I hate book studies. That's why I never read the Sunday school chapters from week to week in the Chuck Colson book we're going through. It's definitely one of the better book studies that our class has gone through though.
Okay enough complaining and rambling. I'm going to hit the sack!





No comments:
Post a Comment