Hi!
I thought I'd just go ahead and let you know that I haven't forgotten about it. I titled this "slowing down again" because I haven't been blogging as often as I was at first when I started out trying to be more faithful in sharing my heart with you.
Wednesday's Experience
I do want to share an experience from Wednesday (yesterday). I waited until the last minute (as usually is not just with this though) to do the newsletter (called Whimsy) for Women's Ministries. Well, this time I actually waited until the day of my deadline to touch it instead of putting in missionary prayer, recipe etc ahead of time. Usually my deadline is the day after our meeting. So, I hadn't settled on anything for the song section, if I'd have room to put a song there. I had just enough room for adding song. The empty little space that I had in addition, I put in another announcement. So, I did a search for a hymn with the word "eternal" in it. I had a few things come up. The song that I decided to look at was Eternal Father, Strong To Save I read the lyrics and at first thought it didn't seem "spiritual" enough to be in the newsletter and almost wasn't going to use it. But I decided to still go forward with it also because it is in our church hymnal. So, fast forward to when I was at church later working on copying it and stuffing the boxes before Awana. I casually asked Stan and Mindy if they ever heard that song. He said he had and that it was one he liked. It turns out it's a Navy hymn. So what does this boil down to? hehe...The Navy branch of the armed forces is in the ocean. Our series that we just started on Sunday was from Jonah 1 (we're going through the whole book). I didn't even think about trying to correlate the song choice with the sermon series... it just happened...it was and is the Holy Spirit (Thank You Jesus). Anyway, I'm in shock but very thankful that the Lord was guiding that part of my preparation of the Whimsy.The Lord is working in and on me, more than I give Him credit for. But I know that He is definitely my Guide!Emotions
Personally speaking. I've been in my doubting my abilities/skills/etc stage again. Scared to grow but yet eager to. Also not wanting to let go of part of something that I've been involved with for most of the time that I've been at EBC. I think I might have control issues. Anyway, I was mostly doubting my ability to sing with a choir and almost after last week was not going to keep with the Christmas choir because I was stuck on a note or two. Well, if I'm stuck I just don't sing. Singing with a choir is new to me since I just started that back for Easter this year. I'm used to doing stuff on my own so much being that God's blessed me with the gift of music as well as writing, etc. So, I am kind of in an uncomfortable stage now. I suppose it is teaching me to depend on Him more and trust Him rather than thinking that maybe I know best.Well, I hope you have a wonderful day! Remain in His love every day and you won't regret it.


No comments:
Post a Comment