Life Expectancy
"Man's days are determined; you have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed." - Job 14:5
Do you know how long your life will last? The answer that most people would say is yes. But if you stop and take time to think about it, you really don’t know how long you will live. Why is that? The answer is Jesus. Jesus knows you before you are born, is with you during the storms in this life, and He even knows when you will die. He is the key that you need to be your strength when the rough times come. This is referring to the physical birth, when you were being formed in your mother’s womb. How do I know this? It says in Psalm 139:13, “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.” How do you know that it was God who made you and not just some act of medicine or karma? It is because God cares that much about you.
Jesus is with you during the storms in this life.
Why or how would He want to use me? When I am discouraged or wondering why is all this hardship surrounding me, I must remember to trust Him. Most importantly, He wants to use you for His glory. Psalm 139 goes on to say in verses 14-16, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” What is “secret place” referring to? It refers to the womb, where you were made by a very loving God.
Does the question pop in your mind? How could Jesus love me even when there is a lot of stuff coming in at once? The answer is that Jesus has given you peace. In John 16:33 it says, “"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." He knows the outcome of the storms. He is the Prince of Peace, that is one of His names. He will give you the peace that passes all understanding. Philippians 4:7 says, “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” So if you invite Jesus to give you that peace you won’t have to be what it says in Philippians 4:6, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”
Your hope needs to be in Jesus and only Jesus. It can be hard to hope in something or in this case Someone, but hope is essential to getting through this. Romans 5:1-5 says, “Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.”
Jesus even knows when you will die.
That sounds kind of creepy doesn’t it? Jesus knows when you are going to die. He already has put His timestamp on you. He made you completely different from anyone else in the world. You must have faith in that and believe that there will come a time when you will die. After all, you must remember that He formed you in your mother’s womb. Will you go and meet Jesus when you die, or will you die in the fiery pit not having met the One who loves you very much? Which would you prefer? I hope that your choice is to meet Jesus in heaven! His arms are wide open for you. Will you take the step to trust Him with the unknowns of your future? It will be one decision that will change your life forever. You have given your life over to Jesus who cares about you.
Dear Lord,
Thank You for knowing about me and my life even before I could realize that it was You who formed me. You have made me for a special purpose in life. You are who I strive to be like. No one else can compare to You. You know so much about me. Thank You for numbering the days of my life. Thank You that You take special care of me and hold me in the palm of Your hand. My future is in Your hands, my life is in Your hands. Help me to trust You and come to know You more and more each day. Thank You for loving me Lord Jesus! In Your Name, I pray, Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment